As reported already in RURAL POST, the annual Jersey Farming Conference took place on 5 November.
All the speakers’ presentations were recorded on video, and these have now been have now been uploaded and are available to be viewed.
The conference was organised by Farm Jersey, and sponsored by Jersey Water and Islands Insurance.
The full programme is repeated here again: :
* Opening address by Senator Lyndon Farnham, Minister for Economic Development, Tourism, Sport and Culture (delivered in his absence by John Vautier, assistant director / Economy)
* Geraint Richards, Head Forester, Duchy of Cornwall
* Professor Nicola Spence, Chief Plant Health Officer and Deputy Director Plant and Bee Health, Varieties & Seeds, Animal & Plant, Health & Welfare
* Jim Wilson, managing director ‘SoilEssentials’
* Philip Clarke, executive editor, Farmers Weekly
* Deputy Gregory Guida, Assistant Minister for the Environment
* Nigel Penlington, Nigel Penlington Consulting
* Piers Sangan MCMA, Director and Ecologist at Sangan Island Conservation
* Paul Hammett, National Farmers Union, National Specialist (water resources)
Thumb-nail biographies of the speakers can be found at the conference website: www.jerseyfarmingconference.com