Thanks you're still on our list!
.. so we are complying willingly with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that comes into force on 25 May. These would prevent the unsolicited sending of things like e-newsletters or marketing shots targeted to recipients that they might not want to receive. Up to now, the onus has been on the recipient to ‘unsubscribe’, now the onus will change to the sender, to secure positive authorisation from the recipient to keep an e-mail address to use for the purposes of making contact.
For your information:
WHAT will RURAL POST include?
- Mainly it is an extension to RURAL - Jersey Country Life magazine, with a similar balance between material relating to the Jersey countryside and to local community and culture.
- It will provide a way of disseminating more topical or newsworthy material than is possible to do in the format of a periodic ‘glossy magazine’.
- It will notify readers about any events being organised by us, such as the ‘What’s for Dinner?’ speaker event series on alternative ways forward for food and farming.
- It may also contain information from time to time about ‘RURAL’ (Crosby Media and Publishing Ltd) and its website (www.ruraljersey.co.uk) that recipients may find of use and of interest.
WHAT will RURAL POST not include?
- It will not bombard recipients with tiresome ‘special offers’;
- It will not do direct marketing in any aggressive or intrusive form;
- It will most certainly NEVER divulge your e-mail address or other contact details to any third party.