The Summer Fair and cattle show of the Royal Jersey Agricultural and Horticultural Society takes place on Saturday 14 June and Sunday 15 June at the Royal Jersey Showground, Trinity, from 10.30am to 5.00pm each day.
The organisers (RJA&HS) have given notice of the following attractions:
* assorted fairground rides and showground entertainment;
* cattle and flower shows both days;
* indoor and outdoor entertainment, live music— Band of the Island of Jersey and accordion
* Plant clinic—sat only 10.30am-12 noon and 2-4pm
* Indoor bowling, w i art competition
* Cake auction sunday 4.30pm—proceeds to the jersey stroke association
* Small animal marquee, face painting, sand art
* Falconry, fun dog show Saturday and Sunday afternoons,
* Brass and working horse competition, Saturday 3.30pm,
* Equine physio demo (Sunday afternoon only, 2.30pm and 4pm)
* Practical demonstration on how to prepare cattle for the show and the attributes to look for in the ring, ably explained by Derrick Frigot
* Tractor, mini and mini moke display and parades.
Admission £5: senior citizens £3, children under 16 and society members free.